Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Blogs, Blogs, Blogs.

Throughout this whole year we’ve all written around 18 blogs. Crazy right? That’s around 72 paragraphs that we have all been forced to write. At the beginning of the year, I was actually kind of excited to be writing something on the Internet… later to find out that is was going to be a huge hassle. Week after week, not only did you have to come up with a good topic, but you also wanted to get a good mark (well… for most of us), so you had to put some amount of time into making them decent, something that we didn’t want to put in. Some of the blogs were amazing (Emily V, Olivia, Emily M, etc.) and some others were just plain funny (like how Emilie’s name means chicken). Either way, we had to write them whether we liked it or not.

Now looking back at it, it’s not as bad it is sounds. Maybe I’m just saying this because this is my last blog till school ends, but I really think that it forced me to think out side the box when I’m writing. What I know for sure is that I’m a better writer than I was last year, and for that reason only, I’m more ready to take on grade 9 English. Thanks Ms. Weldon.

Overall, I think that like all things in school, practice makes you better, and in this case it was my writing. I really shouldn’t have been complaining that much about them earlier because it’s just like any other homework that teachers assign us. Maybe, just maybe, they were even better.


-alex Garcia

1 comment:

  1. I agree with this whole post, and i also think that blogging made me a better writer. I like how you said that it was a total of 72 paragraphs approximately, because it really puts the whole thing into perspective of how much work we've actually done. The wording was good and you had no grammar errors. Good job!

    ReplyDelete