Monday, January 11, 2010

Did You Know?

Did you know that the top ten in-demand jobs in 2010 did not exist in 2004! How would you feel if the job you've been doing for most of your life just moved offshore without any warning? What if you just spent several years getting an education for what you thought would be a very hot job but later turned out to be a very bad choice? I’ll gladly tell you that I would feel frustrated and very annoyed.

Just a while back, people have been very disappointed with the unanticipated, and instantaneous change of hot and coming jobs. It shows us that in our society, anything can happen and we have to keep our options open. Students studying in high schools and universities now have to be very carful in the career they are planning to pursue because of all the new technology. Before Apple and Google, where all the employees working? Most recently, there was a new job title involving software engineering. Again, very tech oriented.

For all the viewers out there I don’t want you to be facing questions like: “Why did I get myself into this?” and “Can I go back in time and change my career?”

Call to mind that there are many opportunities and one decision can change your life, so make it a good one.

-Alexandra Garcia

No comments:

Post a Comment